Monday, February 24, 2014

Name Plates

When we first started the beds I wanted to find a way to make them girly and I wanted the girls to really feel like this was something special just for them. I looked all over pinterest, scoured the aisles of michaels, hobby lobby, and joanns, and I finally settled on making name plates to attach to the beds. I had to wait until Heather and the girls had settled on a color scheme and bed set but I already had an idea forming in my mind. 
So off to michaels I went, armed with a 50% off coupon and more excitement than a person should have about balsa wood. 
Here is a picture of what I had finally decided on, this is about 3 weeks before a color scheme was decided so I just brought them home and stared lovingly at the plain wood. 




After a morning of intense shopping with a 4 year old, a 5 year old, a prego, and me covered in paint and lacking food and caffeine, we stumbled upon this beauty. Made more beautiful by a target cartwheel coupon for 15% off



You know what this means right??
I get to go pick paint colors!!!!

take a look at these gorgeous Martha Stewart (40% off) colors 


 I also used some white paint I had laying around 


I used my trusty  sponge/foam/craft thing
and got to work!

once the paint dried I used wood glue to put it all together and my grips to hold it all together as it dried 



so pretty!!



Once the beds are done and moved, I will attach the name plates to the beds. 
oh. and I need to figure out just how I am going to do that... 
:)



No comments:

Post a Comment